Pages

Resolution for 2016: Get into a writing habit

Good morning! Today, I woke up at 8am in the morning with one clear thought in my mind. I will get into a writing habit in 2016.

I have a “love-hate” relationship with writing. On one hand, I love words, and I really love books. I have fantasized about being a writer or a blogger so many times. Yet, on the other hand, when it comes down to really writing something consistently for a long time, I flounder. I have started and stopped blogging for so many times now. The usual excuses – I do not know what to blog about, I do not have enough time, I don’t know why I am doing this in the first place.

For 2016, I will try my best to ignore all these confusing signals in my brain, and just focus on writing. Focus on one topic at one time, and just concentrate on getting at least one coherent post out at one time. 


I have a specific goal. Every Tuesday, I will be at my computer at 6 am to bang out at least a 250-word article. It can be on any topic at all. The focus is on developing a habit. As for why only once a week, and why only a 250 word article, I am trying to start small. I am trying to show to myself that I can do it. So if I can achieve this goal consistently for at least a month, I will celebrate. I will buy myself a little treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would be very happy if you could leave some comments or words of encouragement!