Pages

Thoughts on reading "The Magic of Thinking Big"

Recently, I stumbled on a classic book, called “The Magic of Thinking Big”. It was a book written by David Schwartz, an American motivational writer and coach.

When I started reading this book, I did not know that it was written in 1959. Imagine! 1959! I wasn’t even born at that time. That was a completely different era. It was a world without computers, social media and smartphones.



I started guessing that this was a very old book when the author used certain terms in his book that clearly showed he was from a different era. For example, he mentioned the occupation “stenographer” in one of his chapters. This was someone whose occupation is to transcribe spoken words into written form. It was more common in the past when people do not usually have personal computers, and had secretaries to transcribe what they said into documents.

For a book that was more than half a century old (older even than I am!), I marvel at how many of the things the author said was still so relevant even in today’s times. I guess human nature has not changed that much over the years.

I also marvel at how his words still had the power to motivate, to make one feel better and more confident. That was why I love motivational books so much. They make one feel good just reading the books, and make one feel like striving to achieve and do one’s best.

I really love this inspirational book. It provides so many useful tips for you to get the most out of your job and your life.

PS. I took a quick look at the comments on Goodreads, and many readers gave it a 5-star!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would be very happy if you could leave some comments or words of encouragement!