Pages

Bliss

I lay on a swimming deck chair. A small coconut tree shields me from the glare of the tropical sun. I can still feel the warmth of the sun on my face. Its warmth is just nice. Not too hot, and not too cold. The occasional breeze caresses my face. 

I can hear the sound of the waters from the nearby Jacuzzi pools. Laughter from kids far away punctuate the warm air from time to time. My own daughter is swimming happily under the careful guidance of an experienced swimming coach. 

I have no where that I need to go at the moment. No need to nag at my kids to brush their teeth. No errands to run. I can totally relax.

I ask myself to relax even more. Relax my facial muscles. Feel my cheeks and jaws slacking. Relax my hands and legs. Take deep and natural breathes. Total relaxation.

It feels so wonderful to be able to relax like this. Once in a while, we should take the time to be with ourselves. No need to rush, or compete, or achieve. Just be.

This is bliss.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would be very happy if you could leave some comments or words of encouragement!