Pages

Connie Talbot: Still Chasing the Rainbow

Do you remember Connie Talbot? 


She was the gap-toothed 6 year old kid who melted hearts when she sang the song Somewhere Over the Rainbow in front of Simon Cowell in Britain’s Got Talent. That was in the year 2007.

Recently, I went on a road trip to Malaysia. My sister lent me some CDs to entertain us on the long journey. One of the CDs was the album Over the Rainbow which Connie Talbot produced after the show.

Not having listened to Connie Talbot for well over 8 years, I was blown over by her singing. I showed the album cover to my kids and explained that this little girl who sang so well who was just a few years older than them (then). They were really impressed, and asked me to play this same CD over and over again during the trip.

After returning from our journey, I was curious what happened to Connie Talbot 8 years later. Is she still singing? Did she grow up to become a very different girl?

So, I went to google her.

This is what I found.




She was all grown up and so beautiful. The wonderful thing is she was still singing and producing albums. In fact, she has attracted over a billion views on her Youtube channel.

What was amazing was that she mentioned in interviews that life has not changed so much for her after she became famous. She seems to have extremely good family support in terms of helping her achieve her dreams. Her first album was produced in her Aunt’s home. Till today, she has no management company, and her mum and dad help her manage her bookings.

Way to go, Connie! You are an inspiration to all those who are striving to achieve their dreams.

I believe that success means 1% talent and 99% hard work. While talent gives you a head start in life, it is your attitude which ultimately determines if you will succeed or not. More importantly, we should all have fun and laughter while chasing the rainbow of our dreams.



Connie's performance during Britain's Got Talent in 2007

1 comment:

Hi, I would be very happy if you could leave some comments or words of encouragement!