Pages

A Day at the Beach

“Life's a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it.” - Danny Kaye.

This thought ran through my head as I watched the three little kids play with the sand. They were surrounded by beach toys. Spades, pails and old jam jars. It was a wonderful day.

I looked up and saw the people around me. Lots of families here today as it was the Easter Day holiday.

One group was flying a kite, or attempting to fly a kite. The darned thing just refused to take off. Another was preparing food. But most of them were just laying around, chit chatting, or doing nothing whatsoever.

My sister and brother in law had set up a huge tent in the middle of the grass patch. We were not planning to camp overnight here. No sir! We love our beds too much! It was just for the kids to run in and out, and pretend they were camping.

In front of the tent, we spread three big mats, and loaded it with lots of food. My mum cooked fried noodles, my hubby bought delicious chicken wings, satay and rojak from the nearby hawker centre, and I made salad.

My sister was the best. She found this instant bbq pit from Giants, an A3 size box filled with charcoal and a wire-mesh to put on top of the box. She then bought some hot dogs, shitake mushroom and fishballs, and we had a mini-bbq by the beach.

It was picnic Singapore-style!

The day was turning into night really fast. There was no big orange sun in front of us. But who cares? We were too busy devouring the food in front of us.

Sometimes, life really is perfect. We just have to pause and appreciate the little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would be very happy if you could leave some comments or words of encouragement!