Pages

Creative Mornings

Good morning, everyone! At 6:30 am in the morning, this is my half an hour of free time to be as creative as I want to be!

As my favourite cartoonist, Scott Adams, says in his latest book “How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big”, everyone should have a system for getting what he wants in life. For me, I hit upon the idea of creative mornings.

For a few times a week, I will wake up early in the morning, and just sweat it out in front of the laptop, until something decent comes out.

Is this system working for me? Haha, I am still trying to perfect the part where I try to get up earlier in the morning. But I think slowly and surely, I am getting the hang of it.

By the way,
CreativeMornings is a term that has already been coined by someone else. I typed the words “Creative Mornings” into my trusty google, and out comes this link. Apparently, CreativeMornings is a breakfast lecture series for the creative community. Ooh, and there’s a chapter in Singapore as well!

Getting back to the topic of creativity, there are tonnes of articles out there that supports the theory that we are most creative in the morning. According to the lifehacker, a scientific study of brain circuits confirmed that creative activity is highest during and immediately after sleep, while the analytical parts of the brain become more active as the day goes by.

See anything in these cheeem brain scans above?
Source: Lifehacker.com


Good for me! As I am a morning person by nature, these articles confirm that this new routine that I am trying to establish is the best routine for everyone.

Even my dearest night owl (aka my hubby), is trying to convert himself to an early riser. He just put on his running shoes and got out of the door at 7 am in the morning. Wow, I managed to influence someone without me trying at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would be very happy if you could leave some comments or words of encouragement!